Position Title: Health & Wellness Intern
Reports to: Director & Operations Manager of Health & Wellness
Status: Part Time
The Health & Wellness Intern supports the day-to-day needs of the Cooper Community Center as Health & Wellness programming and other routines carried out within it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operating drop-in visitors and directing them to appropriate resources/staff
- Operate phones, direct calls and voicemails to appropriate staff
- Manage [email protected] email
- Assist with event planning and organization
- Assist with HIV/STI testing and other sexual health services
- Assist with food programming
- Assist with daily maintenance of the Community Center, including cleaning and organizing
- Current university student or recent graduate
- Some professional or volunteer experience in mission-driven work
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems; experience with data entry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, gender, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues affecting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, intersex, and questioning youth and adults. Specific knowledge about black and brown queer and trans issues in the Mid-South, including HIV, homelessness, overincarceration, sex work, family conflict, and other experiences preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. Must have strong customer-service instincts and de-escalation skills.
The schedule for this position will require some night and weekend hours.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and brief cover letter to Kayla Collins at [email protected].