OUTLast Emergency Assistance Long-Term Volunteer Position
Reports to: Transgender Services Manager
Classification: Volunteer position. Four to Five hours per week, remote or in-person.
Start Date: Immediately
The OUTLast Volunteer will work directly with the Trans Services Manager and support staff to assist with OUTMemphis’s OUTLast applications. OUTLast provides wrap-around financial support for LGBTQ+ adults who are the most disenfranchised from social services and community support. The program provides immediate resources for Trans People Of Color over 25 years-old, LGBTQ+ Seniors 55+, people living with HIV over 25 years-old, and Undocumented LGBTQ+ individuals over 25 years-old. The OUTLast Volunteer will play a vital role in building rapport and trust with our participants to expand this program as well as assist the Transgender Services Manager with the communication and distribution of OUTLast financial resources.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- – Utilize Internet access to collect and track data regarding OUTLast participants
- – Respect applicants’ confidentiality, life circumstances, identities, names & pronouns, and interact with participants with a non-judgmental attitude.
- – Communicate applicant’s needs for referral services to Trans Services Manager.
- – Able to adapt to various communication styles/preferences.
- – Adhere to specific timeline to respond to participants’ inquiries (phone and email).
- – Efficiency in Microsoft Suite to track applicants’ communication in Excel spreadsheets.
- – Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus but not necessary
To apply for this volunteer position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “OUTLast Volunteer” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
Our Mission: OUTMemphis empowers, connects, educates, and advocates for the LGBTQ+ community of the Mid-South.
OUTMemphis affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. OUTMemphis provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail [email protected] to request an accommodation.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-4622 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38114