Position Title: Metamorphosis Project Case Manager
Reports to: Lead Metamorphosis Project Case Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Base salary range: USD $45,000 annually
The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager supports the mission of OUTMemphis and the services of the Metamorphosis Project. This includes but is not limited to supporting our HUD funded Rapid Rehousing Program (RRH), and the Youth Emergency Center (YEC), which includes supportive services, an overnight shelter, and drop-in center. The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager provides case management, education, training, and supportive services to LGBTQ+ youth experiencing homelessness. The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager reports to the Lead Metamorphosis Case Manager and works alongside staff to ensure the impact and efficiency of the Metamorphosis Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing case management and general support to Metamorphosis Project participants, which includes LGBTQ+ youth aged 18-24, and referrals and navigation for youth under 24.
- Support and work alongside Metamorphosis Project staff and volunteers on the day-to-day operations of the YEC.
- Provide home visitation, transportation support, and services both on-site (at YEC) and off-site.
- Maintain accurate, current, and confidential records for all work with Metamorphosis Project visitors and clients.
- Work alongside the Lead Metamorphosis Case Manager to implement educational and supportive programming for the Metamorphosis Project.
- Ensuring that intake and diversion be hospitable and run smoothly at all times.
- Support the YEC with overnight shifts as needed.
- Support the development of policies, procedures, needed training, and regular evaluation of all programs related to the Metamorphosis Project.
- Manage OUTMemphis’s Homeless Management Information System [HMIS] reports.
- Represent OUTMemphis with local coalitions (including the Memphis/Shelby County Homeless Consortium), support OUTMemphis’s participation in the Memphis Youth Count, and collaborate with other homeless and youth-serving institutions in the Mid-South.
- Work alongside the entire OUTMemphis staff in the function, collaboration, and growth of the organization and its community members.
- LMSW suggested, active licensure during employment preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with youth and/or LGBTQ+ people in a social service setting required.
- A passion for and willingness to work hands-on with people experiencing homelessness, or with a history of homelessness required; 1-3 years of work experience therein preferred.
- Trauma-informed and Motivational Interviewing skills for counseling, conflict resolution, and de-escalation strongly preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems; experience with data entry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, gender, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues affecting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, intersex, and questioning youth and adults. Specific knowledge about black and brown queer and trans issues in the Mid-South, including HIV, homelessness, overincarceration, sex work, family conflict, and other experiences preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. Must have strong customer-service instincts and de-escalation skills.
The schedule for this position will require some evening/night and weekend hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. OUTMemphis provides a comprehensive Workplace Accommodations procedure available to all employees.
OUTMemphis affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people or people with criminal records, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. OUTMemphis provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail [email protected] to request an accommodation.