Nike has gathered a list of resources to help kids and parents stay active while staying at home. In addition to the resources below, the Nike Training Club is offering its subscription-based service – NTC Premium – for free in the U.S.
Local Memphis partners getting kids active and moving virtually at home:
- Girls on the Run has activities for kids and their families to do together.
- Play Where You Stay has twice daily soccer clinics for kids to do at home through their social media pages.
- Memphis Youth Athletics is hosting virtual races for kids of all ages.
- New Ballet Ensemble is hosting online flamenco, jookin and other dance classes.
- Collage Dance Collective is hosting ballet barre classes.
Kids are made to play (adults, too)– global parent resource list:
- The U.K.’s Discovery Education offers games and activities for families to move together and shares movement boosters – videos designed for the classroom that work at home too.
- Marathon Kids invites you to try Walk and Talk – a free program designed to help families move together and build better communication.
- Active Schools shares community resources that empower parents to help their kids stay active and thrive.
- JUMP-JAM, based in Tokyo, offers games and programming designed for positive play experiences that can be easily adapted and used at home (in Japanese).
- How to Coach Kids – co-created by Nike and the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee and inspired by the Aspen Institute’s Project Play – shares strategies, tips and ideas to help all kids have fun and feel connected while playing, including modules for specific audiences, ages and abilities.