Position Title: Development and Communications Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Development and Education
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: Dec ‘19/Jan ‘20
The Development Manager will support the sustainability of the OUTMemphis mission to provide quality programs and services to the LGBTQ community of the Mid-South. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development and Education and will collaborate with all staff to shore up networks of support for each program. The Executive Director, Development and Communications Manager and Senior Director will establish and carry out a strategic fundraising plan to ensure continued financial growth of the organization. The Development and Communications Manager will also maintain and build relationships with sustaining donors and partner organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In partnership with Senior Director of Development and Education, support and implement annual plan to recruit and expand OUTMemphis donors needed to support organization efforts by activation and ongoing support of our network of donors, sponsors and public engagement.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development and Education, create and support fundraising events and campaigns to attract new, and retain existing donors in collaboration with OUTMemphis Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Attend monthly Development Committee meetings.
- Supervise and help maintain multiple social media platforms, weekly email newsletter, website and all digital marketing.
- Manage daily maintenance of donor/member database, entry of donor gifts and event registrations, membership solicitations and renewals, and communications.
- Assist the Senior Director of Development and Education and the Executive Director in researching, preparing, submitting, and tracking grant requests
- Participate in “All Staff” duties, including opening, closing, cleaning, and staffing center, answering phones, making referrals, and other daily and weekly staff tasks.
- Experience with managing and operating donor database software
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, conflict resolution, detail and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to create, and maintain digital newsletter, multiple social media pages across diverse platforms and marketing mediums.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with demanding and competing deadlines and the ability to maintain a quality work place in a diverse, fast paced, stressful and changing environment
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, ability, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred; High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Beliefs that Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals should live in a world where everyone has equal rights, and is safe, respected, and celebrated.
- A minimum of 3-year experience working in a social service or non-profit setting preferred
The schedule for this position may require some night and weekend hours. LGBTQ+ people of color with working knowledge of the South are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000, plus health benefits and professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “Development and Communications Manager” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-4622 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38104