OUTMemphis Director of Development
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Includes health benefits, 401K, health reimbursement benefit, 401K, and professional development opportunities. Additional details available by request.
The Director of Development plans, implements, and manages the annual fundraising plan for OUTMemphis, including managing donor relations, direct appeals, digital strategies, and planned giving. The Director of Development, in collaborative with the Executive Director, will identify, engage, and solicit high level current and prospective individual and corporate donors. As the supervisor for the Development and Communications team, this position manages the revenue target with an overall strategy including stewardship and communications. The development and communications team carries out the Strategic Plan’s fund development plan to ensure continued financial growth of OUTMemphis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In partnership with Executive Director and Development team, create and implement an annual fundraising plan.
- Design and implement a major gifts strategy and act as lead director of OUTMemphis’s major giving program.
- Identify, pursue, cultivate, and enhance relationships with foundations in support of funding needs.
- Support fundraising events and lead campaigns to attract new and retain existing donors in collaboration with OUTMemphis Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Lead bi-monthly Development & Communications Committee meetings and collaborate regularly with Board representatives.
- Supervise the Development & Communications Manager through monitoring stewardship implementation and consistent donor records.
- Assist the Executive Director in researching, preparing, submitting, and tracking grant requests.
- Participate in “All Staff” duties.
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in professional fundraising, with particular expertise in major giving.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work with volunteers, including Board members, and experience in supporting volunteer committees.
- Proven ability and success in face-to-face solicitation.
- Experience managing a department including supervising staff and budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently with competing deadlines and the ability to maintain a quality workplace in a diverse, fast paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, ability, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues affecting gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer, asexual, intersex, transgender and questioning youth and adults.
- Demonstrated professional leadership on issues of racial, socio-economic, ability, and age disparities and capacity to speak towards cultural intersectionality within the LGBTQ+ community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. OUTMemphis provides a comprehensive Workplace Accommodations procedure available to all employees.
OUTMemphis affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. OUTMemphis provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail [email protected] to request an accommodation.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “Director of Development” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-6422 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38104