Position Title: Metamorphosis Project Case Manager
Reports to: Director of the Metamorphosis Project
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000, plus health benefits and professional development opportunities.
Start Date: Immediately
The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager supports the mission of OUTMemphis and the services of the Metamorphosis Project. This includes but is not limited to supporting our HUD funded Rapid Rehousing Program (RRH), and the Youth Emergency Center (YEC), which includes supportive services, an overnight shelter, and drop-in center. The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager provides case management, education, training, and supportive services to LGBTQ+ youth experiencing homelessness. The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager reports to the Director of the Metamorphosis Project and works alongside staff to ensure the impact and efficiency of the Metamorphosis Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- – Providing case management and general support to Metamorphosis Project participants, which includes LGBTQ+ youth aged 18-24, and referrals and navigation for youth under 24.
- – Support and work alongside Metamorphosis Project staff and volunteers on the day-to-day operations of the YEC.
- – Provide home visitation, transportation support, and services both on-site (at YEC) and off-site.
- – Maintain accurate, current, and confidential records for all work with Metamorphosis Project visitors and clients.
- – Work alongside the Director of the Metamorphosis Project to implement educational and supportive programming for the Metamorphosis Project.
- – LMSW suggested, active licensure during employment preferred.
- – A minimum of 2 years of experience working with youth and/or LGBTQ+ people in a social service setting required.
- – A passion for and willingness to work hands-on with people experiencing homelessness, or with a history of homelessness required; 1-3 years of work experience therein preferred.
- – Trauma-informed and Motivational Interviewing skills for counseling, conflict resolution, and de-escalation strongly preferred.
- – Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills.
- – Excellent computer skills including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems; experience with data entry preferred.
- – Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, gender, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment.
- – Knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues affecting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, intersex, and questioning youth and adults. Specific knowledge about black and brown queer and trans issues in the Mid-South, including HIV, homelessness, overincarceration, sex work, family conflict, and other experiences preferred.
- – Must be able to collaborate and work with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
- – Must have strong customer service instincts and de-escalation skills.
The schedule for this position will require some night and weekend hours.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “Metamorphosis Project Case Manager” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
Our Mission: OUTMemphis empowers, connects, educates, and advocates for the LGBTQ+ community of the Mid-South.
OUTMemphis affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. OUTMemphis provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail [email protected] to request an accommodation.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-6422 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38114