Position Title: Metamorphosis Project Specialist
Reports to: Director of the Metamorphosis Project
Status: Full Time
Start Date: January 2020
The Metamorphosis Project Specialist supports the mission of OUTMemphis and the services of the Metamorphosis Project, including our Rapid Re-Housing program, Youth Emergency Services (YES), and the Youth Emergency Center (YEC) (opening January 2020), which includes an overnight shelter and drop-in center. The Specialist provides hospitality to all Metamorphosis Project members and supports the coordination of our spaces, services, supplies, volunteers, and donations. With the Director of the Metamorphosis Project and the Case Manager, the Specialist will provide advocacy and support to all Metamorphosis Project members at all stages of the program. The Specialist will serve multiple overnight shifts per week at the Youth Emergency Center, and manage the overnight care schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the YEC and assist in arranging all services for RHH members.
- Provide daily support and linkage to available services to all Metamorphosis Project participants, including all who interact with RHH and YEC, which includes LGBTQ+ youth age 18-24, and YES, which includes any youth under 24.
- Support and work alongside Metamorphosis Project staff and coordinate volunteers at both YEC and donation center.
- Work alongside the Director of the Metamorphosis Project and the Case Manager to implement all educational and supportive programming (i.e. support groups, career services, social activities) for the Metamorphosis Project.
- Ensure that intake and diversion is hospitable and runs smoothly at all times.
- Serve multiple evening, early morning, and/or overnight shifts per week, and supervise all overnight care.
- Work alongside the entire OUTMemphis staff in the function, collaboration, and growth of the organization and its community members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s (or equivalent) required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working or volunteering with youth and/or LGBTQ+ people is required.
- Ability to work with diverse staff, volunteers, and clients in a fast-paced environment with limited resources.
- Keen knowledge of LGBTQ+ people and issues.
- A passion for and willingness to work hands-on with people experiencing homelessness, or with a history of homelessness required.
The schedule for this position will require night and weekend hours. Individuals who have experienced homelessness are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $31,200 – $35,000, plus full health benefits and professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “Metamorphosis Project Specialist” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-4622 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38104