Position Title: Metamorphosis Project Case Manager
Reports to: Director of the Metamorphosis Project
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: Immediately
The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager supports the mission of OUTMemphis and the services of the Metamorphosis Project, including our Rapid Re-Housing program, Youth Emergency Services (YES), and the Youth Emergency Center (YEC) (beginning January 2020), which includes an overnight shelter and drop-in center. The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager provides case management, education and training, and supportive services to homeless and struggling LGBTQ+ and Allied youth. The Metamorphosis Project Case Manager reports to the Director of the Metamorphosis Project and works alongside the YES Specialist to ensure the impact and efficiency of the Metamorphosis Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing case management and general support to Metamorphosis Project participants, including all who interact with RHH and YEC, which includes LGBTQ+ youth age 18-24, and YES, which includes any youth under 24.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the YEC.
- Support and work alongside Metamorphosis Project staff and volunteers
- Provide home visitation, transportation support, and services both on-site (at YEC) and off-site.
- Maintain accurate, current, and confidential records for all work with YEC visitors and clients.
- Work alongside the Director of the Metamorphosis Project to implement all educational and supportive programming for the Metamorphosis Project and ongoing evaluation.
- Support the YES Specialist and YEC volunteers in ensuring that intake and diversion be hospitable and run smoothly at all times.
- Support the YEC staff as a back-up overnight staff member, including a minimum of 1-2 overnight shifts per month.
- Manage OUTMemphis’s Homeless Management Information System [HMIS] reports.
- Represent OUTMemphis with location coalitions (including the Memphis/Shelby County Homeless Consortium), support OUTMemphis’s participation in the Memphis Youth Count, and collaborate with other homeless and youth-serving institutions in the Mid-South.
- Work alongside the entire OUTMemphis staff in the function, collaboration, and growth of the organization and its community members.
- LMSW required, or on track to obtain LMSW. Licensure must be active during employment.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with youth and/or LGBTQ+ people in a social service setting required.
- Trauma-informed and Motivational Interviewing skills for counseling, conflict resolution, and de-escalation strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse staff, volunteers, and clients in a fast-paced environment with limited resources.
- Keen knowledge of LGBTQ+ people and issues required.
- A passion for and willingness to work hands-on with people experiencing homelessness, or with a history of homelessness required; 1-3 years of work experience therein preferred.
The schedule for this position will require some night and weekend hours. LGBTQ+ people of color with working knowledge of the South are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000, plus health benefits and professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “Metamorphosis Project Case Manager” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-4622 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38104