Position Title: Overnight Support Staff
Reports to: YEC Resident Manager
Status: Non-exempt, permanent, temporary, or seasonal, see note.
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $12 per hour.
The Overnight Support Staff will monitor the OUTMemphis Youth Emergency Center (YEC) during closed overnight hours. Overnight Support Staff will be first point of contact for shelter Residents and any phone calls from the hours of 11pm to 7am on overnight shifts and 4pm to 11pm on weekend evening shifts. Overnight Support Staff will work with the off-site on-call staff member to address emergencies during the shift, but this position will be the only on-site staff member. This is a part-time role with weekday and weekend shifts. During the overnight and weekend evening shifts, the Drop-In Center is fully closed, and this role does not include operating any programs or services. All Overnight Support Staff will complete a training curriculum before their first shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a welcoming, affirming interface with Residents during curfew, assuring they have all needs met before securing the Drop-In space for the night.
- Secure the building i.e., check all doors and windows, set the alarm, etc.
- Complete safety checks of the building and premises throughout the night and evening.
- Maintain a safe and supportive environment within the shelter should any incidents occur.
- Help keep facility clean, restock supplies as needed, basic maintenance & organization
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety policies and procedures as detailed in the handbook.
- Record and submit a detailed Shift Report about any incidents and ensure YEC staff have all updated information about Residents.
- Maintain confidentiality of program participants.
- Provide emergency assistance, such as First Aid, CPR, fire safety, crisis intervention, NARCAN, and follow crisis protocols at all times (all trainings are provided by OUTMemphis).
- Answer after-hours calls and coordinate with on-call off-site staff as needed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, email, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries and confidentiality while working with all youth Participants.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, ability, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in an intersectional environment.
Note: To be hired, Overnight Staff Support must commit to a minimum of 4 shifts a month, but are permitted to work temporary, permanent, on-call, or intermittent commitments. Shifts are 11pm – 7am overnight nights and 4pm – 11pm weekend evenings on-site at the Youth Emergency Center at 2055 Southern Avenue.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. OUTMemphis provides a comprehensive Workplace Accommodations procedure available to all employees.
OUTMemphis affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people or people with criminal records, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. OUTMemphis provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail [email protected] to request an accommodation.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-6422 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38104