Position Title: PRYSM Care Navigator
Reports to: Director of Family & Community Initiatives
Classification: Full time, salaried, exempt, in-person
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $42,000 – $48,000, commensurate with experience, plus medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), wellness expenses reimbursement, professional development opportunities, paid time off, and more.
The PRYSM Care Navigator ensures that LGBTQ+ youth in the Mid-South region have a safe and responsive space where they can receive care coordination, social emotional support, and access to a full spectrum of health and social services. As a case manager for trans and queer youth 12-18 years old, the PRYSM Care Navigator is responsible for OUTMemphis’s first contact/orientation to youth participants, development of a public youth/adult allies and partnerships, facilitating group programs, and providing social and care coordination services to LGBTQ+ youth. Other duties included creating and developing group activities (ie. gender diverse sex education), creating safe space messaging and advertising for LGBTQ+ youth programming, and the expansion of OUTMemphis partner services specific to the needs of LGBTQ+ youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide client-centered, strength-based, ongoing case management to LGBTQ+ identified participants ages 12-17, including bilingual/monolingual (Spanish speaking) clients. This includes conducting initial and ongoing assessments, care coordination documentation, and maintaining client files as appropriate.
- Provide client-centered care coordination services to trans, non-binary, and gender-curious youth clients and families with the goal of addressing and assisting with the navigation around social determinants of health, including access to gender affirming medical care.
- Partner with LGBTQ+ youth and families to assess their needs, identify their goals, and provide individualized advocacy to provide an appropriate level of support in achieving their goals.
- Facilitate PRYSM drop-in center including overseeing interns and volunteers, developing promotional materials, coordinating weekly schedule, planning weekly activities, and conducting youth programming.
- Coordinate data collection, program evaluation, and reporting required for grant programming but not limited to weekly statistical summaries and program evaluations.
- Responsible for identifying social spaces and social media sites where communities gather and conducting outreach to engage LGBTQ+ youth programs and services.
- Provide mental health referral support for LGBTQ+ youth including the provision of referrals for counseling services and support groups (mental health and social support groups).
- Communicates empathetically and adjusts practice approach based on the needs of the LGBTQ+ youth (ability to meet a young person where they are and refrain from judgement)
- Collaborates with diverse young people and organizational partners with an empathetic, youth-centered perspective utilizing strengths-based language that prioritizes dignity and respect.
- Affirms clients of all identities, and ensures individual practice is culturally responsive and grounded in equity.
- In partnership with Director of Community and Family Initiatives builds and curates a list of services and resources across the region to serve young people.
Good verbal and written communication skills; organizational skills to adhere to program deadlines
Basic computer skills including utilizing social media platforms
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including age, gender, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment.
Knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues affecting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, intersex, and questioning youth and adults.
Knowledgeable about black and brown queer and trans issues in the Mid-South, including HIV, homelessness, over-incarceration, sex work, family conflict, and other experiences.
Must be able to collaborate and work with diverse community members
Provide consistency and accountability in a team-driven work environment
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “PRYSM Care Navigator” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
Our Mission: OUTMemphis empowers, connects, educates, and advocates for the LGBTQ+ community of the Mid-South.
OUTMemphis affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, justive-involved individuals, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. OUTMemphis provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail [email protected] to request an accommodation.