Position Title: Transgender Services Specialist
Reports To: Senior Director for Health and Evaluation
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Transgender Services Specialist will support all Transgender Services programming at OUTMemphis including peer-led groups, Sexual Health services projects, Trans Best of Memphis, Trans ID Workshops, and other transgender related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run and or support all transgender peer-led groups
- Manage the community surveying, production, printing, promotion, and dissemination of the Trans Best of Memphis
- Run bi-monthly Trans ID Workshops and assist community members in legal transition activities
- Recruit and retain volunteers on the Transgender Services Committee and Sexual Health Committee
- Sit on and participate in local committees that are applicable to the job
- Data entry and case management
- Plan and execute a city-wide celebration of Transgender Awareness day, weekend, or week
- Recruit and retain clients for HIV testing, PrEP/PEP navigation, linkage to care, and other Sexual Health Services Program activities
- Conduct outreach to bring transgender individuals to OUTMemphis for programs and services
- Work with the Health Services Specialist to meet the goals of the Sexual Health Services Program
- Develop further transgender programming and services
- Create promotional materials, provide social media support, and create outreach events
- Participate in “All Staff” duties, including opening, closing, cleaning, and staffing center, answering phones, making referrals, and other daily and weekly staff tasks
- Support all OUTMemphis programs and services as needed
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues affecting transgender women of color in Memphis and the surrounding areas and credible experience working with the LGBTQ community
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse backgrounds including age, gender, sexual orientation, education, and ethnicity, in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. Must have strong customer-service instincts and de-escalation skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants with experience in sexual health and transgender issues are preferred.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with “Transgender Services Specialist” in the subject line. Phone calls and email inquiries regarding this position will not be replied to.
OUTMemphis: The LGBTQ+ Center for the Mid-South
outmemphis.org | (901) 278-4622 | [email protected]
Community Center: 892 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN, 38104
Administrative & Donation Center: 832 Virginia Run Cove, Memphis, TN, 38122
Youth Emergency Center: 2055 Southern Ave., Memphis, TN 38104