Financial Support for:
- Trans People of Color (25+)
- Undocumented LGBTQ+ Individuals (25+)
- LGBTQ+ People living with HIV (25+)
- LGBTQ+ Seniors (55+)
For anyone in need of services under 25 years-old, contact The Metamorphosis Project
OUTLast provides wrap-around financial support for LGBTQ+ adults who are the most disenfranchised from social services and community support. The program provides immediate resources for Trans People Of Color over 25 years-old, LGBTQ+ Seniors 55+, people living with HIV over 25 years-old, and Undocumented LGBTQ+ individuals over 25 years-old. For anyone in need of services under 25 years-old, contact [email protected]
The OUTLast Fund is open on a monthly basis as funds last.
Food and Supplies
$150 gift card to grocery store OR pharmacy of choice.
Rent and Utilities
Up to $500 towards rent OR utilities for two consecutive months. Payment must be made to MLGW, leasing agent, or property owner. Apply by March 24 to be considered for rent or utility assistance for April and May.
Cell Phone Bills
Financial assistance towards existing cell phone bill balances up to $120. Applicable to existing plans only, we are unable to assist with costs to start a new cell phone plan.
Apply for OUTLast
Applications considered on a rolling basis, meaning you can apply for assistance at anytime. Applications will be reviewed on the last week of the month and recipients will be notified by the first of the following month.
Direct Financial Assistance
$200 immediate assistance, debit card.
Up to $50 via MATA bus passes OR Uber/Lyft Gift Card OR gas Gift Card.
How to Apply
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, meaning you can apply for assistance at anytime. Beginning the last week of each month, applications submitted during the previous 4 weeks will be reviewed. Recipients of assistance funding will be notified by the first of the following month. For example, if you apply for OUTLast assistance between April 3 and April 21, 2023, your application will be reviewed between April 24-28. If you are selected, you will be notified of your selection by May 1. However, if you apply for assistance after April 21, your application will not be considered until the next reading period, May 29-June 2. Recipients of rental and utility assistance will be notified before the first of the month so that their bills can be settled on time.
- Las solicitudes de OUTLast se considerarán de forma continua, lo que significa que puede solicitar asistencia en cualquier momento. A partir de la última semana de cada mes, se revisarán las solicitudes presentadas durante las 4 semanas anteriores. Los beneficiarios de los fondos de asistencia serán notificados el primer día del mes siguiente. Por ejemplo, si solicita asistencia de OUTLast entre el 3 y el 21 de abril de 2023, su solicitud será revisada entre el 24 y el 28 de abril. Si es seleccionado, se le notificará su selección antes del 1 de mayo. Sin embargo, si solicita asistencia después del 21 de abril, su solicitud no se considerará hasta el próximo período de lectura, del 29 de mayo al 2 de junio. Destinatarios del alquiler y los servicios públicos la asistencia será notificada antes del primer día del mes para que sus facturas puedan ser saldadas a tiempo.
- OUTMemphis does not guarantee assistance to any applicant and reserves the right to refuse assistance if qualifications are not met.
- To receive benefits, applicants must complete the online application and respond to any follow-up communications.
- Applicants may apply for as many benefits as they like.
- Some applicants may receive some benefits they applied for, but not others.
- OUTLast Emergency Assistance will be open for applications indefinitely, as funds last.
- Applicants who prefer to apply by phone may call 901-278-6422.
Hours of Operation
Drop In Hours at the Center (892 S. Cooper) are closed until further notice, which includes all group meetings and events unless otherwise noted. Limited services & programming is offered at times specified below.
HIV Testing: M & W 6-9 PM
Metamorphosis Project Ribbon-Cutting: Cancelled
2020 LGBTQ+ Youth Job Fair at The Haven: Postponed
2020 NIKE Queer Youth Field Day: Postponed
We Are Here
Come join our movement. And if you need help today, find that here.