Trainings & Development
OUTMemphis staff trainings work with an array of businesses and communities to provide “cultural humility” training, defined as “ability to maintain an interpersonal stance that is other-oriented (or open to the other) in relation to aspects of cultural identity that are most important to that person.” Our trainings start with the basics and work on customized sessions to support your institution in becoming an affirmative, educated, and safe environment for LGBTQ+ people and our friends and family. We believe that workplaces with powerful LGBTQ+ pride make stronger, healthier, and happier organizations overall.
- LGBTQ+ 101
- Transgender 101
- Working with LGBTQ Youth
- Creating a Safe School Environment for LGBTQ Youth
- PrEP 101
- LGBTQ Youth and Homelessness
- I Know – HIV Counseling and Testing Training
Does your agency or business have specific training needs? OUTMemphis staff can create custom training modules to help your staff better understand and work with LGBTQ clients.
- Modifying a Current Training: Tailoring one of our current trainings to suit the needs of your group is possible. To request a training be tailored to your agency’s specific needs.
- Training Module Creation: Creating a set of training modules to fit your business or agency’s specific needs is possible.
Not sure if your needs fit into our model? Reach out and let’s talk.
OUTMemphis can provide consultation services for businesses and agencies. Consultations may include updating or creating materials (client and customer forms, in-house training materials, etc), policy discussion and development, or implementation of best practices.
OUTMemphis’s trainings are generally one 90-minute session or one 4-hour session (with a long break). The price ranges from $500 – $1200 depending on the size of your group, the breadth of the training. Both virtual and in-person trainings are available. Contact us to secure a quote.